Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I blame Stephan King...

I have never been to a pet cemetery. I know there are a few near me, but I have never gone to one. I am not sure why. Pets are like family, and I can understand the need to have a memorial for a pet. (I tend to cremate and take with me).

I have always enjoyed animal memorial statues. Heroic animals that helped during times of crisis (not just wars, but heroic war animals tend to get statues a lot).

For some strange reason, I think I stay away from pet cemeteries because I would feel real grief about those entombed there. Animals can never express how they want to be memorialized, or even IF they want to be memorialized, but then again, cemeteries are more for the living than for the dearly departed.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment